Submissions are now open for the 6th CYCLOP International Poetry Film Contest. The deadline for submissions is September 30, and the screening will be during the 6th CYCLOP Poetry Film Festival, which will be held on November 25-26, 2017 in Kyiv.
6th CYCLOP International Poetry Film Contest
1 August — 30 September 2017
Rules and regulations:
- Films of up to 10 minutes duration that are no more than two years old (January 2015) may be entered.
- There are no limitation about subject and language restrictions. All films that are not in English must have English subtitles. Each application must also contain the text of the verse in English.
- Video can be performed in any techniques using any necessary equipment (video, animation, flash etc).
- Each video should be placed on the Youtube channel in free access.
- By sending your film, you confirm that the film may be shown at the CYCLOP Poetry Film Festival. The artist must have all property and screening rights.
- Each artist can’t send more than two videos.
- All videos must be sent with the following characteristics:
File format: .MOV or .AVI.
Standard: PAL. Codec: H264.
Resolution: HD — 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 (16:9) / SD — 640 x 480 (4:3) or 640 x 360 (16:9)
Terms of the contest:
Acceptance of applications — from August 1 to September 30
Scoring — from October 2 to October 15 (remotely)
Longlist announcement — November 1
Screening the best videos — November 25/26 (during the festival)
Announcement of the winners — November 26
The list of International Jury:
- Alastair Cook (Filmpoem Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland),
- Zata Banks (PoetryFilm, London, United Kingdom),
- Alice Lyons (poet, multidisciplinary artist, media scholar, Sligo, Ireland),
- Birgit Hatlehol (Oslo Poetry Film Festival, Norway),
- Heather Haley (Visible Verse, Canada)
- Sigrun Höllrigl (Art Visuals & Poetry, Vienna, Austria),
- Tom Konyves (poet, educator and a pioneer in the field of videopoetry, British Columbia, Canada),
- Polina Horodyska (CYCLOP Poetry Film Festival, Kyiv, Ukraine),
- Thomas Zandegiacomo (ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival, Berlin, Germany).
The closing date for entries is 30 September 2017.
All entrants will be informed by e-mail of the results of the call for entries from Oсtober 2017 on. Please make sure that your e-mail address is correct.
CYCLOP is a Poetry Film Festival established in 2011 by the NGO «Ukrainian Literary Center» for the purpose of supporting and popularizing videopoetry as a cinematic genre and school. The festival takes place in Kyiv (Ukraine) every two years.
The Festival Program features video poetry-related lectures, workshops, round tables, discussions, presentations of international contests and festivals, as well as a demonstration of the best examples of Ukrainian and world Poetry Films, a competitive program, an awards ceremony and other related projects.
The Festival is one of 10 biggest Poetry Film festivals throughout the world. The CYCLOP makes joint projects and film screenings, cooperate with authors, creators and festivals in Argentina, Austria, Canada, India, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Lithuania, Poland, Spain, Scotland, UK, USA etc.
At the 5th CYCLOP International Poetry Film Contest, videos from 24 countries were submitted. Contest Geography: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, UAE, UK, Ukraine, USA.